So as part of preparation to do this cowboy painting for the Art on the Green, I have been watching my dad's old westerns with Roy Rogers, and his horse Trigger. Some great stuff. I learned a lot by watching these, and it makes me wish I was a cowboy back then. Roy is one of the best and cleanest cowboys I've ever seen. According to his movies, there's always a guitar handy for whenever you need to croon out a song. (It's okay for men to sing, and garners much respect from the other cowboys.) Before the day is out there will be a horse chase, which can rival even the best car chases I've seen. Your six-shooter never runs out of bullets, and it's easy to shoot from the back of a horse running at full gallop. You can win over friend and foe just by flashing your winning smiling and acting polite. If requested you can sing a song in Spanish as well. Things are always clear cut right and wrong, and Roy is always on the side of good. You can always be in the right place at the right time to save the girl. And the Sons of the Pioneers are always on hand to help out when you need it. It's okay to get into a fist fight with the bad guys, and you even let them land a few good ones. Your hair will always go back in place no matter what. And even Roy loses a few fights sometimes for the benefit of advancing the plot. In the end, you always get your man. Well and the girl too. Yessir, it's good to be Roy Rogers.
No comments:
Post a Comment