Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wyoming musings

I am out here in good ole Wyoming preparing for the Art on the Green competition. I've been taking pictures and gathering visual information for my painting to be. It's been great to come out here and hike around and not have to worry about the kids and everything else. But don't get me wrong, I miss my girls. I never realized how noisy it can be until I headed out about ten miles outside of Rock Springs to take some pictures. It was absolutely quiet; no cars, no planes, no kids asking questions, babies crying, people talking, air conditioners humming. It was great to sit there and listen to yourself think. Sure is nice to get away from it all. Then last night I went up to the Owen's ranch to take some pictures of a family friend who kindly posed for me with the whole cowboy outfit; homemade chaps, pistol and all. The nice thing was that he let me ride his horse around after all the pictures were done. It was fun even though the last time I had ever gotten on a horse was when I was ten at a ward picknick and they had pony rides. The outfits all wrong though for all this country livin'. I should get me some boots and a hat here soon. Might a be fixin' ta do so. Yeeha!


1 comment:

Ruthi said...

Thanks Michael. I love the cow boy scenes. I used to watch TV every Friday at my grandmother McOmber's home called "the lone ranger" I forgot how much violence there was but it brought back great memories.
Love, Mom P.