Yesterday we had a corn roast down at T-Street beach as a ward. It was good times, even though Mike forgot his surfboard. Still it was good eating and good friends. For those that have never been to a corn roast (we never had) it was pretty darn good. You take a big barrel and fill it with salt water from the ocean, and bring it to a boil over an open fire. Then throw in the corn and cook. The corn is then salty and ready to eat. They had a big bucket of melted butter to dip your ear into as well. It was delicious! They had smores as well. We wish we could have spent more time there; most people were there all day surfing and relaxing. Mike had to finish up a big illustration project and Mary had to babysit for some of the afternoon. But we did get to see the sunset which was amazing. This beach is down in San Clemente, and the trains run right next to the beach. Natalie still loves to see the trains so this is always a plus.
Oh man, I want to go to a corn roast! That sounds awesome. Oh wait, I want to go to the beach too. And I want to see my little Mary Poo. :) So glad that you are doing well!! LOve and miss you.
1 comment:
Oh man, I want to go to a corn roast! That sounds awesome. Oh wait, I want to go to the beach too. And I want to see my little Mary Poo. :) So glad that you are doing well!! LOve and miss you.
Post a Comment