Sunday, June 20, 2010

30 Years of Illustration

Last night we had a special event at BYU. It was a celebration of the 30th anniversary of the illustration program at BYU. There was a dinner and a reception with artwork by the many alumni of the illustration program. Mary and I went to the dinner and it was great to see familiar faces as well as meet new ones. We got to pay homage to our faculty, Richard Hull, Robert Barrett, and Bethanne Anderson. It's amazing how many students have come and gone through the program. The reception was well done and it was nice to meet up with people we graduated with. The show is going on in the Harris Fine Arts Center and turned out to be really great. Both Mary and I have paintings in the show. We were just sad that the evening drew to a close so quickly and we had to say our goodbyes.




1 comment:

shawnajctenney.blogspot.com said...

It was so fun to see y'all! I forgot to tell you both that you had beautiful paintings. Mary, I loved the color in yours. Mike, beautiful figures! Good job, I don't think I could ever paint a picture that big!