Sunday, April 5, 2009

Legoland 2009!

It has been a spell since we put anything new up so here we is. For spring break a couple of weeks ago we worked. But on that Friday we took off to Legoland once more, since we had bounce-back passes and we hadn't seen everything the last time we were there (we told everyone it was for the girls but really it was for dad). It was a glorious day, cloudy and cool (perfect for these cooler acclimated creatures) and we had a grand ole time at the park. Both Natalie and Emily enjoyed themselves thoroughly. If you grew up with legos and have kids (or not) this is the place to be, and not that other-land place. Onto the pictures!

Some kid with Darth Vader. Natalie was off with Mom and there was a long line to take pics here.

Batman!

Natalie does the Thinker. Now slowly raise your fist up under your chin...


Natalie has been watching Sleeping Beauty for months now. When we saw this bust of Elvis, she said, "Look it's Prince Philip!" Well I guess he is royalty.

A really cool dragstrip where you puch the button when the green light flashes. Natalie wasted an old gentleman helping his two year old grandson at least 3 times.

Though Uncle Andrew might like this.



They have a store dedicated to just Star Wars and Indiana Jones lego sets. When I was much younger, my friends and I would make space ships from Star Wars out of our legos. So it's strange to see whole sets to make the ships. Kind of takes the beauty out of creating with your legos. Nevertheless, I saw the Millenium Falcon and after wiping drool off my face, thought, hmmm, it'd be fun to put that together. Then I saw the price sticker. Then I thought, hmmmm, I can afford that. But Mary saw the look in my eye and dragged me off. Maybe next time I go by myself...





1 comment:

Christy and Kevin said...

I know I didn't have $500 worth of legos and we were still able to build tons of Star Wars ships out of legos.
I made a pilgrimage back to my parents house after ten years to retreive my old legos for my son who is not yet two. I found I had boxed them up years ago still in the shape of x-wings, snow speeders, and tie-fighters. I can't wait until Alex is old enough and I can legitimately play with legos again as an involved father.