Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas tree

Having barely digested our Thanksgiving turkey and potatoes, and having been bitten by the spirit of Christmas, we decided to get a Christmas tree this year. We debated whether or not to get a live one, and after a vote of 2-1 in the house, we went and got a live one. After installation the opposing vote reconciled and accepted the wonderful smell and atmosphere that only a live tree can bring into your home. Our neighbor friend came over and helped us decorate. Natalie was so excited to have a tree and to get into the Christmas spirit. We listen to Christmas tunes and kissed under the mistletoe. (Now Natalie always stands under the mistletoe and says "I'm under the mistletoe! I need a kiss!") Emily wasn't sure what to think and hasn't attacked the ornaments yet. She has tried to eat the needles that fell to the floor. It's still hard to believe that it's Christmas time, especially when you go to buy your Christmas tree in shorts and flip-flops. But once the decorations were all up, we started to feel the magic...







3 comments:

jen said...

I can't believe it's already Christmas time either! Jared doesn't want to even put up decorations, but I say bahumbug to that :) Great job for already getting them up!

Ruthi said...

Are you dreaming of a White Christmas? Well, today was so warm, I only wore a sweater. However, I am not counting on this for long. I love your great pictures of lego land and your fun tree!!! I too want a live tree. I am so excited to see everyone in just a few weeks.
Love, Mom

Ruthi said...

Where is Lego Land? It looks like a fun place to be. Florida and California have so many fun things for children. Hey! We have snow and that is free fun.!!!
Love, MOM