Breaking Dawn
Mike here. Everyone has been so hyped up about this book coming out in the "Twilight" series that I had to jump on the bandwagon. So we threw on our homemade "Twilight is my life" T-shirts and headed out to the release party at the local bookstore. (It was actually the day after the release, because no one showed for the midnight release.) There was a huge line, maybe 6 people waiting for the store to open that morning. We jumped in line quickly to secure our place. It was mayhem as 7 of us crawled over each other for a copy. After a brief but fierce scuffle, we got our hot little hands on a brand new copy of "Breaking Dawn" As I held it in my hands, the chess piece graphic on the cover seemed to glow and pulsate. The best thing was that we got it at a 20% discount. Woohoo! I think they ordered too many books or something. Anyhoo, I read until noon and got to page 24. I think I may pick it up again sometime this week, but I don't want to rush things. But I do want to find out if these rumors about Edward not being a vampire are true, and if Bella really does die. Hope I didn't spoil anything.
PS, I'm just poking a little fun at the fanaticism that has enveloped the ladies of the nation with "Twilight" fever. Luckily that fever has died down with Mary and she didn't even want to buy the book. Of which, I noticed, they have many copies in the Costco here. Oh Edward!
PSS, Mary informed me that it's not that she didn't want to buy the book, but was being frugal and would borrow it from someone later. I recall her saying something to the effect of not being really too excited to find out the new twists and turns. So please, sisters, sisters-in-laws and lady friends, don't hate Mary for her lack of excitement over the new book, it's not really her fault.
1 comment:
I'm actually so proud of Mary for not getting into the craze....I don't get what's the big deal either!!! love ya'll-jules
Post a Comment