A Party
Happy Birthday to a great mom! It was on Friday, I know, but with the semester ending and papers to be written, I didn't get around to putting all this on the blarg. But here it is now. For mom's b-day we decided to head out to Dragon Buffet up in Lake Forest. It came highly recommended and was pretty good. There was a lot of seafood such as crab legs, oysters, clams, a sushi bar, and fish. There was the chinese food staples such as sweet and sour chicken, general tsos chicken, egg rolls, etc. It was a good meal for all, and we all tried things we've never eaten before (mom had never tried crabs legs). Then we came home and had Possum Pie, a sort of pudding pie with pecan crust, cream cheese, pudding and whip cream on top. Yum! (I had to use a mini butane torch to get all the candles lit rapidly, because if we used a lighter or match, the first candle lit would have burned to a stub by the time we got the last candle lit) We enjoyed it (especially Natalie) and opened gifts. Mom got socks from Natalie, and a new digital camera. It was a pretty good party. Mary is the bestest mommy, wifey, giver of love, healer of wounds, sharer of laughs, tickler of the belly, back rubber, silly song singer, maker of lunches, midnight diaper changer, help dad out with school, care taker of finances, spiritual adviser, scripture reader, eternal partner, toilet scrubber, dish cleaner, tough as nails, good looking, great cooking, butt kicking, frozen cup lovin, all american, birthday girl.



4 comments:
Happy Birthday every day. Every day is a gift. Everyday we think of you and pray for you. Thanks for the call. I was a little choked up at the end, so I handed the phone to John. I thanked the Lord even more for you and for your protection Mary. I so miss you and Michael and the children. I hope you are well and do not try to lose weight. You will get off the baby fat by walking more. Take the girls stroller-sizing. It is so nice in Laguna, you can do it more often than here. Have a lot of celery, cabbage snacks when you are hungary, and apples. That helped me lots.
What cute pictures and comments. Thank you for sharing. We love you! Happy Birthday.
Lisa
Happy Birthday, Mary. I love to read about your adventures and your beautiful daughters. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Love,
Danielle
I know I don't know you all that well, but you seriously are an incredible mom, Mary. You're such an inspiration to others. Sorry this is coming in so late, but Happy belated Birthday from all the Gibsons!
Post a Comment