This last week was a testament to the hand of the Lord in our lives. Basically everything that has transpired for us to move out to California has been the workings of the Lord. Financially I don't know how we could have done it by ourselves, it doesn't add up. And when we are hurting something manages to come up right when we need to give us a cushion. What I'm saying is we didn't do this by ourselves, we had some divine help. Another great blessing this last weekend was the Brewery Artwalk. The Brewery is a community of artists that live in LA at this place that used to be a brewery. They converted it into artist's studio/living spaces and over 300 artists live there. Laguna College of Art and Design has a space there for school usage, and twice a year the Brewery has an Artwalk (this being a time when people can come to see the artist's studios and buy work directly from the artist, as opposed to going to a gallery to do so; as well these two designated times being the only times the Brewery association allows artists to sell their work) So the MFA students are allowed to sell work their not related to their thesis projects. I have a lot of paintings not related since I just started out this semester. I was able to sell 5 of my 9 paintings in the two days of the artwalk. Not to boast (something about pride going before something) but I sold the most work of all the other students. It made me feel good (and Mary was happy) and it enabled us to have a little more breathing room financially. I also made some more sales over the internet this week following the show. Blessings! I am humbled to know that Heavenly Father is watching out for this little family here in the OC. It's also nice to know that people wanted to buy my artwork, that's always a confidence booster.
3 comments:
I suspect Heavenly Father has a special place in his heart for your special family. You've worked hard and made it so much easier for him to pour out his blessings. I hope all is well with you - we still miss you in chilly Utah.
88 of the top 400 Forbes Rich Guys are from California, so there is money there. I'm sure there's more of a market for art in Orange County than Utah County, and I didn't even need to do a market survey to figure that one out.
Mike that is amazing! Way to go with all of your hard work, keep up all of the hard work, tell Mary and Natalie that we want to hang out again.
Becky
Post a Comment