
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Norman Rockwell
Norman Rockwell is by far my favorite artist of all time. I remember seeing this painting one time on the back of one of my merit badge books when I was a scout. I remember staring at it and thinking it was pretty much the coolest painting I had ever seen. I haven't been able to find this painting ( I guess I didn't try hard enough) until this week. I have been doing research for my MFA and have been looking at a lot of Rockwell's stuff. (I read his autobiography and recommend to everyone. Great Stuff!) I came across that painting I saw so many years ago. I just wanted to share it with y'all (you can take the boy out of Wyoming but you can't take the Wyoming out of the boy). This image hardly does the painting justice though. Enjoy!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Norman Rockwell is my favorite artist. I make Trent go out and buy me a Rockwell calendar every year. In my freshman English class we had to do service for someone on campus, and somehow we got to do service at the Museum of Art. My friend and I got to go down into the basement to catalog all the art work that was being stored. Much to my surprise I got put in charge of the section with all of Rockwell's Paintings. It was pretty cool. Though I don't think I have ever seen this one:)
Post a Comment