The Irvine Musem of art
One of our favorite things to do is go the art museums and see all the great art. Orange county has some good ones, and Michael's favorite may be the Irvine Museum right now. "The Irvine Museum is dedicated to the preservation and display of California art of the Impressionist Period (1890 - 1930). The Irvine Museum embraces a principal role in the education and furtherance of this beautiful and important regional variant of American Impressionism that has come to be associated with California and its remarkable landscape." We went there on wednesday as part of our little field trip. We stopped here and went to the Church Distribution Center and tried to find the elusive DI. We never found DI though (Michael cried all the way home) Here are a couple of photos from the museum of William Wendt's work. Absolutely wonderful. Gotta love those California Impressionists. 
1 comment:
I love that you guys love art and expose Natalie to so much at museums and such (actually I'm sure she's surrounded by it at home!) We need to do stuff like that more with Kennedy. Neither Adam nor I know much about art history, or analyzing art, but I do tend to think I have good taste in beautiful things (who doesn't? ha ha)
Post a Comment